Saturday, September 02, 2006

Laundry


Change is all I have.

I had been trying to collect some change to do a big load of laundry. Since I was being a big busy social whore, I just did not have the resource to do so.

No Change. No time. No laundry.

Funny thing happened to last night.
And it all changed in a split-second...
My social & financial accessibility was ripped for me.

That is...
My phone and my wallet got stolen.

At a cumulative loss of £3 and 400+ contacts spanning 3 continents.

And I was sad, but only for that split-second. Then I felt something weird. Almost an elation. It resembled emptiness but filled with satisfaction. Space! I felt space, after a long time. Living, breathing, thinking & loving space. Minimal and stripped, I opened up my mind's address book after a long long time; and suddenly I found out that the very few people who pop-up in your mind at moments like these, are really the ones who matter. And I found out that I still had quiet a few... in my heart and on my mind instead of on a computer chip. Between you and me, I'd rather keep them there.

I think I was just tired of carrying those 400 people around in my pocket all the time.
And they made my ass look big!

So here I am...
Writing on a Friday night.
Feeling a little changed?
Doing laundry & being happy...

I don't have any cash, but I have a lot of change.

And as they say,
Change is always good!


:o)


.