Sunday, September 10, 2006

Scary


Call me Mona L.

As an avid reader of my blog, you must already know that my lovely camera-phone got stolen last week. Since then, there has been a shift in blog-flavour. I show less and say more. Please suffer with me till I gather the finances to get another. Donations will be accepted!

But that got me wondering. What if I did get everything I wanted. A better phone? A better profession? A better life? Would that make me a better person? I find all that scary...

Beauty is scary because of disease.
Money is scary because of corruption.
Fame is scary because of scandal.

This sketch, which I call Mona L. on Crack, got me thinking. Would Mona Lisa be like this if she were alive today. Famous, giddy & obviously devoured by celebrity?

She would have a lot of fans but no friends.
And having more fans than friends is a little scary.


.