Thursday, August 24, 2006

Freedom 86-2-06

A Personal Anthem
Christie Turligton in George Michael's "Freedom 90"


Finally, Freedom.

I think I have been waiting to write this post,
for almost 20 years...

From 1986 to 2006

My formal education ended today.
I handed in my dissertation.

From my first day at pre-school; which I remember,
to my MBA, a personal academic goal.
Completed.

I cried the first day of school.
I cried the last.

:o)

Finally,
Freedom.

-----

Like David Fincher, my favourite director, refused to show George Michael's face in his proclamation that was "Freedom 90", I do the same. Freedom doesn't have a face, because feelings don't have faces. They are perfect, true & unqiue in their being. If freedom did have a perfect, true & unique face; it sure would be Christie Turlington's, one of the best faces in the world. Not to mention, one of the best feelings too.