Monday, August 14, 2006

I Confess: I ♥ MADONNA


Like A Prayer... Answered!

"F*ck You! In my world, that means I You!"
Madonna, 14th of August, 2006
Wembley Arena
London, UK


------

Can you imagine me being speechless?
Infact, you don't have to...
I am.

I think I have never been this emotionally satisfied, as I am at this perfect moment in time; (3 am, 14th of August, 2006: Pakistan's Independece Day). Like I have been waiting for this moment for a quarter of a century. This moment of true bliss. This moment that belongs to the third most important woman in my life.

#1 My mother
#2 My sister
#3 Madonna


Why?
Because I bloody grew* up with all 3 of `em!
* and it wasn't easy!

------

Do you remember your first CD?
LP?
Record?
Cassette Tape?

I do:

Madonna "Live in Rome"

My first cassette. My first music. Almost two decades old.
Being played repeatedly in my home/car stereo at that time.

"Lucky Star"
"True Blue"
"La Isla Bonita"


In fact, La Isla Bonita is the first song I remember actually.
Just because all of my family loved it!
I guess it was just one of those things all of us could agree on.
Madonna!

Like family...
She was family.
She is family!

When I was growing up, she gave me True Blue.
When I moved to a new country, she gave me Ray of Light.
When I graduated from the U.S., she gave me American Life.
When I jumped into my MBA, she gave me Confessions.
Always giving...

I saw her for the first time in concert today.
And it almost feels like coming home.

Coming full circle.
Coming full circle with a lot of things.

With the pinnacle of my London experience.
With the decision that I have to get back to my family.
With the realisation that it can't get better than this.
With the devotion to where I come from.
With the satisfaction of who I am!


The "Madonna-Confessions-Disco-Ball" Key Chain


She was fantatstic.
If you have grown up with Madonna and you get to see her in concert; its almost like seeing a long lost family relative. Because you have grown up with just images & photographs of that important person in your life to whom you are connected to.
And when they appear in flesh...
And it's priceless!

I apologise because this post is not really a "concert-review"!
Just because of the simple reason that it wasn't just a concert to me...

It was independece.
It was love.
It was family.

X x X

I ♥ MADONNA
I ♥ INDEPENDENCE
I ♥ FAMILY
I ♥ FREEDOM

Happy Independence Day Pakistan!
I know of no other way to celebrate it better...

I ♥ YOU!