Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In A Labyrinth...


You find a way!

I re-watched Labyrinth almost 15 years after I first watched it...

I still remember it just popping up on TV when my sister & I were just about to go to bed on a weekend. I remember the movie to be so good that even my Mum refused to go to bed till it finished. And never once did she say that it was way way past our bedtime...

I think it just made her feel like a child again.
Just like it does to me, after 15 years...

The fantastic thing about this dark fairy tale is that it's never sugar-coated.
Danger is danger. Adventure is adventure. Friends are friends.
There is no "Disney'fication' at all...


And it still resonates...

About how we fill up our lives with things rather than family & friends!
Because we think that its things that bring us happiness.
But we are never old enough to realise that sometimes.



Until we watch Labyrinth again...

It's only family & friends who help us through our own lybrinths...
Labyrinths of love, laws & life.
And I love thee!


Download the whole Lybrinth Soundtrack here
Recommendation: "As The World Falls Down" by David Bowie